My Account: Help
You can find the answers to your most frequently asked questions here. The FAQs are arranged by product area. Simply click on the product name, e.g. 'Sell My Aircraft' and the box will open.
If you can't find the answer to your query here, please contact Emma, our Web Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-620-8801 (US Only) or +44 (0)20 8939 7723
Simply click the tab for Business Aviation or General Aviation and review your media preferences
Under Business Aviation you will find links to:
- Subscribe online for World Aircraft print edition using WorldPay
- Sign up for the digital edition of World Aircraft Sales magazine
- Sign-up for the weekly business aircraft alert
Under General Aviation you will find links to:
- Subscribe online for GA Buyer Europe print edition using WorldPay
- Sign up for the digital edition of GA Buyer Europe magazine
- Sign-up for the Monthly Piston Aircraft Alert
Simply click on the digital magazine or alert that you want to sign up for.
Once you have clicked the button, your status message will show ‘Subscribed’ in green.
Please add the following addresses to your address book:
The instructions below should help you add these addresses to your mail provider.
1) Microsoft Outlook 2003
Add the sender's e-mail address or their domain name e.g. avbuyer.com to the Safe Senders List.
1) Open the latest email from AvBuyer.
2) On the Tools menu, click Options.
3) On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
4) Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
5) Click Add.
6) In the Enter box add the e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added.
There are two steps with AOL.
1) Adjust your Settings.
2) Add the email address above to your contacts list.
a) Log-in and click Settings found at the top right hand side.
b) Click Spam Controls on the left hand panel.
c) Go to Spam Filters by Address and select Allow e-mail only from people I know.
d) Then return to your email from Avbuyer.com.
e) Click to tick the box of the alert listed.
f) Right click on your mouse and select Add to Contacts.
g) A New Contact screen will appear with the alert’s e-mail address pre-filled.
h) Click Create and return to your e-mails.
3) Google Mail
1) Open your AvBuyer.com email
2) Highlight the from email address with your cursor
3) Right click Copy.
4) Click Contacts in the right hand column
5) Click + contact icon.
6) Paste e-mail address into box.
7) Click Save.
1) Open the AvBuyer.com e-mail
2) Click the Add button next to the e-mail address displayed in the top right hand corner.
3) The Add contact box will be displayed pre-filled with the e-mail address. Click Save.
5) MSN Hotmail
1) Open the AvBuyer.com email.
2) Click Save Address at the top of the page
3) The e-mail address will be pre-filled in the Add to Address Book page.
4) The email address will now be in your address book.
Adding contacts to your Verizon Online Address Book
1) Log in to your e-mail account
2) From the Email and More menu, Click Address Book
3) Click Create Contact
4) Add the AvBuyer.com email addresses and nickname of the contact in the corresponding field, e.g. aircraft listings.
NOTE: Every address book entry must contain at least an e-mail and nickname entry.
4) Click Save.
Simply click the ‘Un-Subscribe’ button for the relevant magazine or alert.
Your status bar will then show ‘Not Subscribed’ in red. Please note: we will remove you from our mailing list, but depending on the date that you unsubscribed you may still receive one mailing.
Print editions are paid for and sold in advance for either one year, two years or three.
Once you have purchased your subscription we are unable to refund the payment. However, if you would like us to stop sending them to you, please contact Lynne via the Contacts page.
Click the tab for ‘Saved Aircraft’ and then click the Advertiser name shown in red text.
Click open ‘My Comments’ tab to see the articles you have commented on.
Click the article to see your comments.
Can I delete my comments? No I am afraid you can’t. But you can e-mail us and let us know and we will try to retrieve them. Please contact Emma via the Contacts page.
How do I create my advert?
Follow the step by step process: choose which magazine you wish to advertise in; fill out the details in the relevant text fields, upload photos if required, preview and confirm. And then proceed to World Pay to make a secure payment.
Where will my advert appear in the magazine or on the web site?
All advertisements are placed in alphabetical order within the section that you booked, i.e. marketplace for example.
Which edition will my advert be featured in?
Your advert will appear in next edition provided you submit your information by the copy deadline. The copy deadlines are as follows:
World Aircraft Sales Magazine (Copy Deadline – 12.05am GMT)
|Publication||Cover Date||Pub Date||Copy Date|
|WAS||October 2014||26 Sep 2014||17 Sep 2014|
|WAS||November 2014||24 Oct 2014||15 Oct 2014|
|WAS||December 2014||21 Nov 2014||12 Nov 2014|
GA Buyer Europe (Copy Deadline – 12.05am GMT)
|Publication||Cover Date||Pub Date||Copy Date|
|GAB||October 2014||11 Sep 2014||1 Sep 2014|
|GAB||November 2014||16 Oct 2014||6 Oct 2014|
|GAB||December 2014||13 Nov 2014||3 Nov 2014|
How do I pay?
We use the secure services of WorldPay. After you have submitted your advertising information you will be asked to set up an account or log in to your existing account with World Pay.
Should I pay VAT on my advertisement?
VAT at the UK rate of 20% should be paid on advertisements by:
- all sellers living in the UK
- all members of EU countries who do not have a VAT registration number
VAT does not need to be paid by
- sellers who live outside of Europe and/or the European Union
- sellers who can provide a valid EU registration number
Can I make changes to my print advert?
You can make changes to your advert up to the copy deadline for both the online and the printed magazine. After this time, you can make changes online which will take effect immediately on AvBuyer.com and, if you have booked it, for the next month's edition of World Aircraft Sales or GA Buyer Europe. For a full list of dates please see the copy deadlines for each magazine further down this page.
How do I edit my advert?
You can edit your advert online by logging in to your account and clicking the ‘Edit’ button next to the relevant aircraft listing. Make your changes. Your online advert will show those changes immediately. If you have a print advertisement due to appear in the next edition of GA Buyer or World Aircraft Sales magazine, please make sure that the changes have been made prior to the next copy deadline
How do I upload photos?
Simply click on the browse button on the advertising page.The files from your computer will be displayed in the field bar. Select the file of your choice and press ‘Upload’.
What format should I submit my images in?
Standard JPEG images can be uploaded for your online and picture panel advert. We will require high-res JPEG images for showcase adverts - these can be emailed after the online process is completed.
Can I add my photos at a later date?
Once you have registered you can create your advert with text only or with photos. Plus, you can log in at a later date and change your photos as many times as you like up until the print copy deadline.
What are the digital artwork requirements for World Aircraft Sales Showcase Page adverts?
- Acrobat PDF : Print quality with 300dpi images
- Illustrator/Photoshop files : save as TIFF or EPS. Include all graphics/pictures and select the 'Save With Preview' option
- High resolution digital images : e.g. digital camera JPEG, preferably 300dpi.
How do I view the adverts I have created in Sell My Aircraft?
Click the tab and then look at the advert categories:
- My Pending Adverts – these are adverts that you have created but not booked or paid for yet.
- My Live Adverts – these are your current adverts displaying online and in the print, digital and e-mail media you have booked.
- My Expired Adverts – these are adverts that you had booked and paid for and which ran for the duration of their advertising period and which have now expired.
Which language should I put my ad in?
GABuyer European is a pan European publication. You may use the language of your choice for your advertisement. However, most of our users have English as a second language so your ad may be understood by more readers if you write additional information in English.
Can I edit my ad once I have paid for it?
You can edit your ad online by simply logging in and clicking on ‘Your Ads’.
- Select the ad you wish to view by clicking ‘View/Edit’.
- Make your changes.
- Your online ad will show those changes immediately.
- If you have a print advertisement due to appear in the next edition of GABuyer or World Aircraft Sales magazine, make sure that the changes have been made prior to the next copy deadline.
Can I just advertise in the e-mail alerts?
We currently only include aircraft advertising in the Monthly Piston Alert or the Weekly New Listing Alert as part of a GA Buyer or World Aircraft Sales magazine advertising package.
How do I cancel My Ad?
You cannot cancel the first month’s advertising but if you sell your plane in the first month and have paid for further advertisements, we will refund the remaining payment to you. Simply contact the advertising department.
Any other questions?
Please send an e-mail to Emma via our Contacts page.
Your AvBuyer Login Lets You . . .
Sell My Aircraft