Wing MOD-BH193 embodied in 2019 by The Aircraft Restoration Company, Duxford (photographic record and all invoices available).
3,665 un-monitored hours remaining post MOD, regardless of whether flown straight & level or in aerobatic flight.
NO Fatigue Meter*. Removed at MOD-BH193 embodiment. No fatigue readings to record.
*The Fatigue Index ('FI') determines the available life remaining in the Bulldog airframe. It is calculated from measurements of acceleration obtained from the 'Fatigue Meter' instrument, recorded after each flight. In the UK, for continued air-worthiness under CAA rules (CAA AD 004-07-2001), each Bulldog owner/operator (without MOD-BH193 embodied) is obliged to record readings after each flight and send them each year to DeHavilland Support Limited (DHSL) who compute the revised life-remaining, according to formulae devised by British Aerospace (BAe, formerly, Scottish Aviation) during the full-scale fatigue life tests conducted as part of the original certification of the aircraft in the 1970s.
* Current Type Responsibility Agreement with DHSL for oversight of ongoing airworthiness. Air Navigation Order 2016 Exemption to carry identification marks “XX625 45”
* Certificate of Airworthiness not Permit. Annual due 04Jul22. ARC renewal due 04 Jul 22
* Always maintained by the Aircraft Restoration Company, Duxford, since leaving the RAF.
* Engine: LYCOMING IO-360-A1B6 -200 HP with Christian inverted oil system.
* 184 hours Since Major Overhaul (Isenburg February 2015)
* Compressions at July 2021 annual: 80/80, 78/80, 78/80, 80/80.