Dassault Falcon 900LX vs Embraer Legacy 650

How do Dassault’s Falcon 900LX and Embraer’s Legacy 650 compare? What are the advantages that each model offers? Mike Chase analyses the performance of these two popular Large Jets…

Mike Chase  |  01st September 2019
Back to Articles
Mike Chase
Mike Chase

Michael Chase owns Chase & Associates, an aviation consulting firm specialized in industry product...

Over the following paragraphs we’ll consider key productivity parameters (including payload, range, speed and cabin size) and the current market for the Dassault Falcon 900LX and Embraer Legacy 650. How do they compare...?
 
 Both the Dassault Falcon 900LX and Embraer Legacy 650 were introduced to the market in 2010 shortly after the Great Recession. How have each fared on the used jets market since?
 
Dassault Falcon 900LX

In 2007, 
Dassault announced the Falcon 900LX as an enhanced-performance version of the Falcon 900EX. Using three Honeywell TFE731-60 engines, the Falcon 900LX benefits from increased performance courtesy of its high-Mach blended winglets, designed by Aviation Partners.
 
Essentially, the winglets helped reduce net drag on the 900LX, resulting in a 5-7% reduction in fuel burn over the 900EX. Time to climb is also reduced as compared to the 900EX, and the 900LX features the improved EASy II digital cockpit with the Honeywell Primus Epic system.
 
As of this writing, since entering service there have been 74 Dassault Falcon 900LXs shipped to customers around the world. All 74 are wholly owned. North America is home to the largest Falcon 900LX fleet percentage (65%), followed by Europe (26%). Together, they account for a combined 91% of the world’s total Falcon 900LX fleet.


Dassault Falcon 900LX versus Embraer Legacy 650 Private Jet Comparison
How much do the jets cost?
Dassault Falcon 900LX
$34.0 m
Embraer Legacy 650
$19.0 m
What is the payload?
Dassault Falcon 900LX
4,114 lbs
Embraer Legacy 650
4,938 lbs
How many Passengers
Dassault Falcon 900LX
12
Embraer Legacy 650
13
What is the range?
Dassault Falcon 900LX
4,695 nm
Embraer Legacy 650
3,919 nm
What's the long range cruising speed
Dassault Falcon 900LX
430 knots
Embraer Legacy 650
425 knots
What's the cost per hour
Dassault Falcon 900LX
US$3,311
Embraer Legacy 650
US$3,436

Read More About: Dassault Falcon 900LX | Large Jets

Mike Chase

Mike Chase

Editor, Aircraft Comparisons

Michael Chase owns Chase & Associates, an aviation consulting firm specialized in industry product and market research in the Commercial & Business Aviation sectors.

With over five decades of extensive experience, Michael has worked as a director of special projects for JETNET, LLC; served as Senior Management Consultant for Sabre Holding; and was Director of Market & Sales Research for Gulfstream Aerospace, leading sales and product research, including feasibility and viability studies.


SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Print
Embraer Legacy 650
Please call
United Kingdom - England
loder image